I love quotes. Love them. As a teen I kept poster boards taped to my wall so I could add my favorite quotes and song lyrics. I've never really gotten out of the habit of writing down or otherwise collecting my favorite quotes - although nowadays the quotes come from books rather than overly dramatic and emotional music.
The other day I noticed that many of the book blogs I follow were posting their top ten favorite quotes from books read in 2015. Sounds right up my alley! So, I present to you, my ten favorite quotes from books read this year!
In no particular order, the quotes are:
1. Just because a magic is small doesn't mean it is unimportant (from The Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley)
2. A wish is just words. Belief is the catalyst. It's what sets that wish into motion. (from Off the Page by Jodi Picoult)
3. There is the world that should be and the world that is. We live in one and must create the other. (from Turn Coat by Jim Butcher)
4. Life goes on, and you want it to. But you also want to hit pause for a moment, so you can feel one thing at a time (from Crime Rib by Leslie Budewitz)
5. Nothing and nobody could aggravate you the way your child could aggravate you. (from Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty)
6. My chubbiest, chattiest toddler was now this lanky boy of few words, whose feet I could smell from across the room. (from A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan)
7. The idea that two is the ideal, and that one is only good as half of two. You are not a half, and you should never treat someone else like a half." (from Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan)
8. Home can be something as vast as a county, as holy as a temple, or as simple as a cake. (from Picnic in Provence: A Memoir with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard
9. While most people had moved on from children's books, Jake still loved them. They felt cozy like hot chocolate with mini marshmallows or a new jumbo box of Crayola crayons. (from Infinite in Between by Carolyn Mackler)
10. I sometimes wonder if every living thing doesn't need kind words as much as sunshine and water. (from The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
No comments:
Post a Comment