Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Alarming Oneself

I am very much a creature of habit and, like most people, tend to do the same thing at approximately the same time each day - especially on school and work mornings. By 7:15 each day I'm out of the shower and doing the whole "dry the hair and brush the teeth" thing.

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I heard Ryan shouting out "Mom! Mom!"

I dropped my hairdryer and sprinted over to his room, half in a panic.I expected to see blood or vomit or something disgusting in his room.  He was sitting up in his bed and when I appeared in the doorway said calmly, "Could you please wake me up at 7:45 today?"

"Gee, Ryan. You want me to wake you up at 7:45? You mean like I do every single school day? I think I can manage that," I answered as I left the room. 

His alarm clock (me) has a default sarcasm setting.  Good thing he didn't hit the snooze button.

No comments: