Monday, November 02, 2015

An Apology and a MAJOR Weekend Wrap Up

I don't really know what's going on with me and the blog lately. I know that posts over the last two months have been slim pickings to say the least, but I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because the kids are older, maybe it's because our schedule is so full, maybe it's because social media is much more prevalent now than when I started this. But I do this for the boys. So that hopefully one day they will look at it and see how much I love them and get a real feel for who I am and what our lives were like when they were young. So I'm going to try to be better about getting stuff posted here.

OK - that being said. I have a MAJOR weekend wrap up for you all. It's going to a LONG post with lots of pictures, so I won't be the least bit offended if you just decide to skim it.

My oldest and one of my most dear friends, Cheryl, flew in from California for a visit this weekend.  It was such a treat to see her! She is just an amazing and fun person and she spoiled our family rotten!

Friday night she gifted Lucy with the most fantastic sweater! It's just what our girl needed to stay toasty on her walks as the days get colder.


A pink and black Star Wars sweater to match her Star Wars collar!
We went to Shadowbox with Cheryl, Taryn and one of Taryn's school friends. I don't know if it was the company, the new cast members, or what, but it was the best show we've seen there in a long time!


Saturday was Kirk and Susan's annual Halloween gathering, so we spent the afternoon hanging out there.

Duane and I with some of our favorite gals - Emily, Jana and Maggie

The Cheshire Cat and a Jurassic Park Scientist - Cheryl crochet her costume!!!

I love this woman!
Duane wrapping Wesley for a party game

Taryn Nefario
 







Cheryl made our family some bearded hats.  I'm SO wearing this for the Blue Jackets 5K in January!



What? Doesn't everyone attempt to pick locks with crochet needles?
Saturday night the boys had a few friends over to watch "Mr. Boogedy." Kind of an impromptu Halloween gathering. Wesley and Duane walked down the street to pick up a neighbor girl at her house so she could come watch. Duane said as he watched Wesley walk up to the door, he had a flash of watching Wesley on his first date. Awww....

Sunday was kind of busy too.  Wesley is now an acolyte at church and yesterday was his first time performing his official duties.



He did a great job. Especially when you consider that it was a special service AND communion! We celebrated with donuts after church and before choir and small group time.  The rest of the day was filled with errands that needed taken care of, but we wound down the day with the pizza and cake with Taryn and Cheryl. 

So it was busy, but lovely. Seeing Cheryl was such a treat! I miss her so much when she's back home in California. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get to see her again.

No comments: