Friday, November 20, 2015

Guess Everyone is Working Two Jobs These Days

If you read my blog regularly, you might recall that in our house the Easter Bunny brings coupons for things like "skip a chore,"  "free scoop of ice cream," "stay up late," and the like. As with anything of value, Ryan tends to spend/redeem his right away, while Wesley hoards them and pulls them out months later.

Last night we had a dinner that neither child was all that interested in eating. Wesley excused himself from the table for a moment, then returned with an Easter Bunny "dinner of your choice" coupon and asked if he could redeem it on his and Ryan's behalf by not having to eat what we were serving, and making themselves peanut butter sandwiches instead.

There are many nights Duane and I are willing to fight the "eat what we're having or nothing at all" fight, tonight was not one of them. We decided to accept the coupon and the boys made themselves sandwiches.

As I took the coupon from Wesley, Duane began to grump good naturedly about how much he dislikes the fact that the Easter Bunny leaves those coupons and that he's really going to set a good trap for that rascally rabbit when Easter rolls around again.

Ryan looked up from making his sandwich long enough to tell his dad, "I don't think Easter Bunny is real. I just think Santa comes early."

Glad he's got the answers.

No comments: