Sunday, November 15, 2015

Another Awesome Race Day

I did another 5K today Yes, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.  But this race was kind of special. It was my first anniversary of the face that started it all - the Hot Chocolate 5K! I didn't do any kind of training at all for the race last year, and at the time, I was pretty proud of my finishing time of just  47 minutes, 32 seconds.

Today, with several other races under my belt and several pounds lighter, I finished in 36 minutes, 4 seconds!!

It was a very early morning. I was up at 5:15

A few of my coworkers and me

Me and my friend Gabrielle

My buddies Sarah and Ann - they did the 15K!
 
The whole race crew from the library (plus one hubby, one sister and one nephew - but we claim them)
The reason to race
When I finished the race, I immediately wanted to sign up for another, but the December races are either sold out or on dates I can't do them. DARN! So next year, maybe I can swing one month and I want one of those to be a 10K.

Who knew chocolate would wind up being so good for you?





No comments: