Friday, August 07, 2015

Second Casualty of the Week

First it was my finger, but tonight we had a slightly more serious causality since adopting Lucy. Duane and I were in the family room watching the Browns scrimmage on TV (yay football!) when I heard a slightly panicked Ryan cry out from the living room.

"Mom! Come quick!"

I hurried off the couch and up the five stairs in our split level fast enough to trip over my own two feet. I didn't see anything amiss, but the boys both pointed their fingers at Lucy, who was laying on the couch next to them. I could see something by her, but I wasn't really sure what it was. Maybe some spit up?

"Lucy chewed up Violet!" Ryan cried before bursting into tears. 

Sure enough, Ryan's special stuffed cat, Violet, was nestled between Lucy's paws - minus a chunk of one stuffed leg. 

Duane reclaimed Violet and cleaned up the stuffing, while I held a tearful Ryan. I think we managed to convince him that Grandma W. will be able to sew it up, although it may look slightly different when she's done. He seems to be okay with that, but I feel so sad for him. Poor Violet.

No comments: