There was lunch from a taco truck I wanted to try. There were pastries. There was a mani/pedi with my mom.
But probably the very best thing of the whole day was going out to dinner with a group of ladies that make up some of my girlfriends. While there were some notable absences (we missed you Danna, Cheryl, Erika, Rachel) I looked around the table and realized that these are some of my closest friends.
These are the women that I know without a shadow of a doubt would be by my side if life threw me a curve ball. We laugh together, drink together, b!tch together and accomplish a lot together.
At the table sat someone who has known me since high school, although we've really because good friends in the past 3 years or so. There was someone who has known me for probably 13-14 years. That person has held my hand through my tears when my life and the life of some of friends fell apart, inspired me to be the best I can be at my job, and always has time for me when I need her. My sister-in-law came by to wish me a happy birthday and brought her unique sparkle of life with her, reminding me how precious the life we are given really is. There sat women I have only known between 2-4 years, but I can't imagine my life without them. Around the table sat some of the greatest, most fun women I know.
It wasn't a late night out. No one was overindulging and we spent a lot of time talking about our husbands and our kids, but I would take a quite night out with these ladies over any raucous party any day. Because, as sappy as it sounds, friendship really is the best gift.

No comments:
Post a Comment