Monday, September 22, 2014

Case of the Mondays

Three quarters of the W. household has had a case of the Mondays at some point today. It may even been all four of us, but I have barely seen my husband, so I can't tell you how his day went.

Wesley woke up in such a bad mood he wouldn't even talk - and that's saying something for him. Instead, he moaned and groaned and grunted if I dared ask him a question. But the best part was when he refused to walk and dragged himself around the house on this stomach by using his arms while moaning, groaning and grunting. It was a party alright.

While Wesley was doing is impersonation of a grumpy snake, Ryan started complaining that the top of his foot hurt whenever he put pressure on it. He'd take a step and cry out "Ow!" And this lasted for twenty minutes until Wesley found his voice and began to complain about the changing seasons.

Wesley: I hate winter and it's getting closer.

Ryan:  I love winter.

Wesley: I hate it.

Ryan: Remember when we went sledding down the driveway?

Wesley: Remember when we just about froze solid?

On the up side their disagreement took their minds of their various aches and pains.

My day at work went really well, but after work it went to heck in a handbasket.
  •  My "check engine" light came on and the car place can't fit me in for a week and a half. 
  • Dinner didn't cook in anywhere near the time the packaging claimed it would take, so Duane didn't really get to eat before leaving to help out at the scout popcorn sale
  • As the boys and I were finishing dinner, Duane called to say that yes, Ryan's den was having a meeting, but it wasn't at 7:00 like we thought - it was starting right then.
  • I arrived to the meeting late (and in a bad mood) only to discover that no one wants to be the den leader, there weren't really any activities for the kids tonight, and the guy running the meeting would spend 10 minutes answering any question with a long anecdote when a quick, 1-2 minute answer would suffice
  • After my hour meeting where nothing got done, I discovered that Duane still had another hour meeting to go to.
  • Back home to the dinner dishes and messy kitchen were waiting for me from when I raced out of the house to arrive at the scout meeting late.
So now I'm cranky and trying not to be cranky, which isn't working. I still haven't figured out what to do about my truck since I don't really want to wait a week and a half even though it seems to be running fine. I've gotten some good suggestions from a couple of friends, but I have to find the time to actually do it.

Maybe I'll go have another piece of cake.


No comments: