The boys and I were in the kitchen making breakfast the other morning when Wesley suddenly cried, "ACK!!! A spider!!"
"Where?" I asked.
"It's on the freezer! A little one!" he yelled as he backed away from the refrigerator.
"A little spider?" I asked, since I'm none too fond of spiders myself.
"Yes! On the freezer!"
I weighed my options for a minute and the desire NOT squish a spider before breakfast won out. "Do you need something out of the freezer?" I asked.
"No, but you should kill it. It's a spider," he insisted.
"Let me get this straight," I said. "There is a little spider on the freezer minding his own business and, even though you don't want anything out of the freezer, you want me to kill it."
Relief spread across Wesley's face. "Yes!"
I shrugged. "I don't want to kill it. If you want it dead - you kill it."
Wesley stopped his freak out, looked around and muttered, "Okay....I just need Ryan's shoes and a catapult."
I don't know what exactly his plan was, but I'm kind of glad the spider ran off and I didn't have to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment