Sunday, June 08, 2014

California Recap - Graduation Day

Thursday was the big day - the reason Duane and I flew to California - TARYN'S GRADUATION!!!!


Cheryl and Taryn told us to look for this giant donut on the way to the school. Which, of course, meant Duane and I had to stop and get a donut AT the giant donut on the way to the school

Beegee, Zack and Duane waiting for the ceremony to start


Check out the valedictorian


There's our girl!!!

Okay, the picture is from kind of far away, but that's Taryn giving a wonderful speech. It was sweet, contained Disney quotes and, she remembered to speak slowly and clearly, so we could all understand her despite the feedback/echo from the speaker system

Love that girl!

So proud!

Siblings
After the ceremony we headed down to Redondo Beach for a celebratory lunch. We ate at a cool and funky seafood market/restaurant called Captain Kidd's. It was delicious!



Pick your lunch
This one was trying to escape


After lunch we walked along the beach



Does this look like something out of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie? Because it should! They did some filming here


Can't keep the boys of all ages off the rocks

A sea lion hanging out
 

Then we headed back to Cheryl's place for delicious cake, to visit and to pet her cats. Hey, I'm a cat person. I was going through withdrawal!




No comments: