Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Better Day

Today's camp experience for Wesley was much much better. I was a bit more optimistic last night when he reminded me three times that he had to be at camp no later than 9:00 so he could go to the movie.When I picked him up today he was hanging out with a new friend he had made and said, "You mean it's time to go already?"  Now that's what I want to hear.

Ryan and I had a good day at "Camp Mommy" too. My original plan had been to take him to a movie today, but he begged to please go to Glow Putt (an indoor glow in the dark putt putt course) instead. I gave in and we had such a good time that we played two rounds. Afterwards we got some Italian ice as a treat.

Since we were feeling refreshed, we decided to walk "creekside" in the suburb we were visiting. We stopped for a quick cool off in the fountain before heading down to the creek.


Two of Ryan's handprints and one of Mommy's
We walked down to the actual creek then and found tons of families splashing in the water and playing around. Ryan kicked off his shoes and dipped his toes in, then contented himself by throwing lots of rocks in the water.





We got our fill of wildlife while we were there too.We saw a snake in the water and watched some kids catch crawfish. The one boy was really nice and brought a crawfish over to Ryan so he could have a good, close up look at the claws and tail. I think Ryan was equally grossed out and fascinated by it. And he really gave me a funny look when I said I like to eat them - good thing I didn't tell him you're supposed to suck the brains out.

So today I had two happy campers - which makes for a happy mommy.






No comments: