Sunday, May 05, 2013

When it's Time to Go

We had to run an errand after dinner and swung by the playground at Wesley's school for a few minutes afterwards. Some friends our ours were there, so Duane and I figured we could have a little chat with the grownups while all the kids ran around. That plan worked for about fifteen minutes, then Ryan came up to me and said that he needed to go to the bathroom.

Duane and I took that as our cue to get the kids in the van and head home.  We got up from the picnic table and called out to Wesley to was across the playground that it was time to leave. Wesley didn't appear to hear us, so we called again. Still no response.

Ryan decided to take matters into his own hands and hollered at the top of his lungs, "Wesley! We have to go home! I have to P-O-O-P!"

And with the laughter of our friends ringing out, we made a memorable exit. And even more importantly, we arrived home in time Ryan to take care of business.

No comments: