So the closing that was supposed to happen today is NOT happening due to a paperwork snafu on the buyer's end. The buyer's loan is approved, but all the paperwork for the down payment program has not been completed, so it looks like we'll be closing next week instead. Found out last night that this was a possibility, found out at 1:45 today that it was reality. Gee, I am so glad we emptied the house, got our cats to their foster homes and worked like dogs earlier than we actually needed to. Grrrr. I'm trying not to stress too much about it all. Our realtor doesn't seem concerned and I trust him (but you can keep the prayers coming anyhow)
Our first night at Grandma and Grandpa H's went really well. I got most of the kids clothes unpacked and put away, as well as enough of my stuff so I could find things and effectively get ready for work this morning. Well, mostly effectively. I did something horrible to my back when I reached for the shampoo in the shower this morning and now I can barely move. Sitting is fine, but trying to walk to maneuver stairs literally brings tears to my eyes. I'm not sure I'll be able to help clean at the old house (I love typing that) tomorrow, but I hate leaving it all to Duane.
Anyhow, back to this morning. Wesley is completely sold on our move to Grandma's neighborhood. He's so much closer to school and his friends now - we even ran into one of his classmates at Target last night. When he and I walked out of the house to go to school, Wesley looked around, smiled and said, "I can't believe we get to live in this neighborhood!" My thoughts exactly!
He and I are both loving the new drive to school too. It takes almost no time to get from Grandma's (and also the new house) to the school - barely one ear-splittingly annoying Kidz Bop song worth of a drive. Wesley actually did a double take when we pulled up in front of the school. "We're here already?"
Ryan seems to be settling in a bit as well. He loves sharing a room (but no longer sharing a bed) with Wesley and has already figured out exactly where his stuffed animals should sit during the day and where his piggy bank should go. I think he feels better with some of his stuff around him.
I think I'll feel better after the closing and we're offically, totally and completely sold.
No comments:
Post a Comment