It occured to me today that other than a somewhat cryptic post last Thursday, I haven't really said anything about the house hunt in awhile. Of course, if you talk to me at all or follow me on Facebook, you know that the house is just about the only thing on my mind these days. I guess I've been afraid to talk about it too much. I'm so excited about it, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and for something to go terribly wrong. Part of being a bit a of a pessimist I guess.
Our current house is still set to close on November 30th. Duane and my stepdad have been working on a few things that need fixed prior to the sale, and my dad is helping out with some others. We still haven't heard back about our appraisal, but we are just acting like everything will be fine and this sale will go through without a hitch.
Duane and I spend most evenings going through boxes of stuff and deciding what to keep, what to give to the school yard sale, and what to just pitch. I stress every single day that we won't be ready to move, but Duane is the calm to my crazy and assures me that we will be fine.
So we close on Nov. 30 and have to be out by Dec. 2nd. At that point we are moving into my mom and stepdad's house with one of our three cats. I still don't know where the other two are going, but we're working on that. Our plan is to only take some clothes and a few very special toys for the boys and put everything else in storage. On December 10th we are scheduled to close on our new house - the kicker is that we can't take possesion of it until January 5th (long story). So we'll spend the entire month of December at Grandma and Grandpa's.
That's not a bad thing at all. For one, we all get along really well and we spend a ton of time there anyhow. Also, the house we are purchasing is literally around the corner from my mom and stepdad in their subdivision. That's going to make moving a breeze!
Wanna see what the new place looks like?
I know I'm biased, but isn't it awesome! And look! A two-car attached garage! I repeat those words to myself every morning that I'm scraping my car windows in the cold. The house is a three level split. The living room, dining room and kitchen are on the main level. The upper level has three bedrooms and a full bath. The lower level has a fantastic family room, a half bath and the laundry room. There's a partial basement (that is still a good size) and the backyard is partially fenced.
Duane and I are meeting with the mortgage company on Monday to sign more paperwork and like I mentioned, packing has consumed our life, but in 57 days we can walk into our new home and it will all be worth it. Remind me of that when I freak out, okay?

No comments:
Post a Comment