Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas

The Christmas rush is officially on! I am set on most things but it seems like every day between now and Christmas has some sort of "plan". I'm big on "plans" it's part of my Type-A personality charm, but I'm a little worried I'm turning into a Christmas control freak. I have something planned every day between now and Christmas.

Weds: bake cookies for preschool Christmas Party

Thursday: Preschool Christmas Party and finish shopping

Friday: breathe (seriously, I feel like I need to schedule this), and go to grocery store

Saturday: Wrapping Day!!! It will all be done come hell or high water!

Sunday: church, assemble cookie plates, possibly have friends over, decorate gingerbread house as a family.

Monday: make applesauce cinnamon ornaments with boys and go to zoo to see lights with whole family (including my stepbrother and his wife and kids)

Tuesday: make peppermint bark with Wesley

Wednesday: bake and ice cake and make scones, have Duane's cousin and family over for dinner

Thursday: make potato casserole, bake pie, celebrate at Grandma H.'s, go to church, leave cookies for Santa.

Friday: CHRISTMAS!!!

Most of the things I have planned aren't time consuming, and most are easy and/or fun, but I keep having this vision of myself cracking a whip shouting, "There will be joy!" Crack! "There will be fun!" Crack! It's a little scary. And that doesn't even include the stuff I have planned for the following week. I think I may need a vacation after my vacation. I'm pretty sure the boys will.

No comments: