As many of you know, I am not a gal who is big on New Years Resolutions. I've tried writing them down, choosing really practical things, and what-not, but they never seem to stick. This year though I have two resolutions I"m going to make. I'm trying not to think of them as resolutions, but as changes to my life.
The first is to spend more time with the people I love. I have already made a promise to one friend that we wouldn't let a month go by without seeing each other - even if it's just to grab a cup of coffee. Now, she reads this blog, so this is her little reminder too! :-) Duane and I gave two people the gift of our time for Christmas. A dear friend of the family is going to be taken to dinner by the W. family. Grandma W. was enrolled in the "Dinner of the Month" club, where the W. family will have dinner with her once a month. It sounds like such a little thing, but so often we look up and weeks and weeks have gone by and we haven't seen people! Life is too short not to spend with those who mean the most to us.
Along those same lines, I am going to start keeping a gratitude journal. Every day I am going to write down something that I am thankful God has graced me with. I know not all of them will be earth shattering, but that's kind of the point - to focus on the little moments and the gifts from Him that we often take for granted.
So that's it for resolutions. We're going to spend this evening eating Chipotle and watching TV. Not exciting, but there is no place else I'd rather be.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment