Saturday, December 05, 2009

Cookie Day


Today was the annual cookie day with my mom and it went WONDERFULLY well! I think probably the best it's gone in years. We started at about 11:30 (a late start for us). Duane was all set in his role of go-fer, decorator, babysitter. We started out with the boys doing some stickers and coloring. I say, doing "some" stickers and coloring, but in all honesty, Wesley did stickers for almost 4 hours straight. Grandma had gotten a pack of 500 and he went though almost all of them! Oh well, at least it kept him occupied.


Working on the first page of stickers.


Daddy gave Ryan a hand


A sticker masquerading as a band aid.

I think part of what made today's cookie day so great was the fact that Duane's mom joined us for the first time. We put her and Duane to work decorating the cut-out cookies and gingerbread men. My mom and I both love to bake, but hate to decorate cookies. Rosalie used to make and decorate wedding cakes, and you know Duane isn't too shabby at decorating either. The cookies they did look amazing! The pictures below don't even begin to do them justice.

Ryan sampling the icing.

We baked until about 5:30. We ended up with Chocolate Almond Balls, White Chocolate Chip Cranberry cookies, White Chocolate Chip Macadamia cookies, Gingerbread Men, Cut-Out cookies, Bourbon Balls, Almond Wafers, Greek Crescents, Magic Bars, Chocolate Surprises - I think that's it. Totally worth a full day in the kitchen!

Oh two cute stories about the boys that happened today!

Ryan was spinning in circles in the living room at Grandma's today. I said to him, "Are you spinning?" Ryan stopped, looked at me and said, "Dancing!"

Wesley really really wanted someone to play hide and seek with him this evening, but the rest of us were finishing dinner and talking. Wesley went to the desk, got a piece of paper and a crayon, then drew a BIG sad face. He brought it over to the table and said, "This is how I feel because no one will play with me." Needless to say, Grandma and I were playing hide and seek pretty quickly after that!

No comments: