Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Food Wars Have Begun

Tonight marked night two of the food wars in our house. As I mentioned in an earlier post, now that Wesley is four, we are refusing to allow him to eat what he wants for dinner - he is now served what Mommy and Daddy or eating (or a SLIGHTLY more kid friendly version). I am horrified that we are in this battle. I don't know how we got into the habit of hot dogs, grilled cheese or pizza for his dinner, but it stops now. I don't know how long the war will last, but I WILL WIN!!!

Last night Wesley ate about 2 bites of his pasta and half a banana for dinner. But at least he didn't make himself sick over trying something new. Tonight he ate his oranges and refused to try his other food. Fine. I can't force food down his throat, but we made it perfectly clear that there would be no other food at all for the rest of the night. I'm willing to do that every night for as long as it takes. Although to be fair, I am trying to make some slightly more kid-friendly type meals. Any bets on who holds out longer?

1 comment:

Kate said...

He's gonna have to eat eventually. It might be one good meal a day, but darn it-- at least that one meal will be good.