Friday, September 25, 2009

Don't Worry - No Pictures

We had quite the adventure on the way to preschool today. I didn't have to be at work until 9:00 today, so I decided to go with Grandma to drop Wesley off. I drove in a different car so I could go directly from there to work. As we were driving down a side street midway between Grandma's and school, Grandma started honking her horn furiously. I had no idea what could be the matter, so I pulled over to the side of the road, turned the van off and got out.

"Wesley's nose is REALLY bleeding," she said. So I grabbed a small, thin blanket from the back of the van and headed over. Wesley's face, hands and arm were pretty well covered with blood.

We got the bleeding slowed, but there was no way to really clean him up until we got to school. Poor guy didn't want to go in, so I carried him straight to the restroom while Grandma informed his teachers of what was going on.

Wesley kind of freaked out when he saw himself in the mirror and couldn't wait for me to get the blood off him. He made sure I got every single speck off his face and arm and hands. He kept saying, "I don't want anyone to see me like this!"

Unfortunately, that was about the time he noticed the two drops of blood on his blue shirt. I tried to get it out, but that just wasn't happening using only a paper towel and some water. "But I don't want anyone to know!" Wesley cried. I managed to convince him that it just looked like he dribbled some breakfast on his shirt and that his classmates would just think he was a messy eater.

Mrs. T and Mrs P were very understanding - apparently Mrs. P's son gets nosebleeds fairly often, so at least I was leaving him in capable hands. I told them to call me at work if he needed me and I could be there in 10 minutes, but the rest of the day went very well.

No comments: