Monday, July 20, 2009

Not Me Monday

Following the lead of My Charming Kids, it's another Not Me Monday.


I did not allow yet another stuffed animal into my house just because it looked like Wesley's imaginary cat Fluffy. That would have been crazy on more than one level.

I did not go to three stores in looking for new sandals for Ryan, only to come home and discover an old pair of Wesley's that fit just fine.

I did not debate leaving my children at the zoo because they were behaving like animals - and I certainly did not leave the zoo only to stop at a cupcake store because I wanted a cupcake. That would have been too much like rewarding their bad behavior. Although if I did make that stop, I would have made the boy earn his cupcake by being on his best behavior for the rest of the day.

I could not have been the person who slathered her children in sunscreen to go to pool, but fail to put any on her own back. That would have resulted in me becoming a crispy critter.

I know I would never ever put a plastic bag on a burner that was recently turned off and end up melting the darn thing onto our flat burner stove. That would have been dangerous and careless and definitely NOT something I would do.

No comments: