Today was one of my many vacation days this summer, and it's been wonderful!!! For starters, the boys actually let me sleep until almost 7:00!!! I know that doesn't exactly sound like sleeping in to a lot of you out there, but considering Ryan usually wakes up between 6 and 6:30 and got up at 5:30 one day last week, it was almost heaven.
We spent the morning doing chores and what not around the house, but after lunch, Grandpa P. met us at the water park for a little splashing around. This was a treat for a couple of reasons. The first is that I actually got to spend time with my dad. Technically I see him a couple of times a week when I drop the boys off, but that doesn't really count as spending time with him. The trip was a treat for the boys too because I can't take them to the water park by myself. It's just too hard to keep track of them.
The park was really crowded, but we had a good time. Wesley stayed in the very shallow end for the most part, although we did take two trips in the lazy river. Ryan took so many head first falls into the water it almost quit being funny. But he'd just stand right back up and start toddling through the water again. I'm so glad water in his face doesn't freak him out like it does Wesley.
After the water park, we took a family trip to the store, ate dinner and Daddy went to play poker, leaving me and boys to run amuck. We're having a pretty good night though. We did some watercolors, danced around the kitchen while I did the dishes, packed a picnic for the zoo tomorrow and I let Ryan run around the house beating things with a spoon. Not bad at all.


No comments:
Post a Comment