Friday, July 31, 2009

Hot Wheels

Uncle Kirk stopped by last night to show us his new car. I told Wesley a few days ago that Kirk had a new set of wheels and we talked about what color it might be. I thought the car would be black, because it seems to be one of Kirk's favorite colors. Wesley was quick to assure me that Uncle Kirk probably picked out a green car because he knows it's Wesley's favorite color. Turns out we are both wrong - Uncle Kirk's car is "denim."

Anyhow, when we walked out of the house to see the new car last night, I asked Wesley to look up and down the street and see if he could pick out Kirk's car. That kid must be pretty observant, because he picked it out immediately. He wasn't even that disappointed that it isn't green.

Wesley LOVES Uncle Kirk's new car. He climbed all over the seats. He wanted me to walk him all the way around the car so he could see it from all angles. He asked if we could please go for a ride. Unfortunately, I had to say "no" to that - supposedly because Kirk doesn't have a car seat (even though we could easily put Wesley's in) but I also figured Uncle Kirk didn't want any prolonged exposure to Wesley's strep throat germs. Now that Wesley's no longer contagious though, Kirk might have to take that kid for a spin!

No comments: