Monday, June 08, 2009

Pool Party

I took Wesley to our "new pool" yesterday. We decided to get a membership at the community pool in one of the suburbs near us and Wesley and I made a trial run while Duane stayed home with a sleeping Ryan. The suburb we went to has three pools and we just went to one of the basic ones - not the fancy waterpark. It was perfect for me and Wesley!

Since it was rest period Wesley and I picked out some lounge chairs in a shady spot on the grass. I wish I had had my camera with me - Wesley stretched out on the chair and put his hands behind his head like a little movie star! As soon as the whistle blew, we made our way to the water. The sign said the water was 75 degrees, but it felt FREEZING! That didn't slow Wesley down one little bit. He hurried down the steps with the biggest smile on his face. I was much slower getting into the water, but once my teeth stopped chattering, we had fun.

Wesley wanted to do races in the water so we'd "run" back and forth from side to side. They had big foam animals, so Wesley swam on the alligator too. He even jumped from the side of the pool into my arms a bunch of times, which is something he had trouble doing in swim class.

If there was any doubt in my mind that Wesley really liked the pool (and there wasn't) it would have disappeared when he announced, "This is a great pool! I want to do this every day!" Or maybe the song he was singing tipped me off. It went: "There's a party at the pool! So cool! So cool!"

By the way, you know you go to a yuppie pool when there are only a handful of kids in the shallow end and TWO of them are named Harrison.

2 comments:

lolerskatingninjachick said...

You MUST have gone to the Arlington pools, and you couldn't have gone to Hastings, since that's the one they turned into a water park. Did you hit up Devon or Tremont? MAN I loved Devon pool. Tremont I didn't spend as much time at because it was a longer bike ride and a little on the cold side. That pool was freezing even on the hottest days of summer. Plus there were always sticks and leaves and stuff in the water.

Heather said...

WOW! You are good! We went to Tremont.