Friday, June 05, 2009

Last Day of "Staycation"

Can you really call it a staycation if you spend a lot of your time running around?

The kids and I tried to make the most of my last day off work for awhile. After I fed the boys their breakfast (which is no small feat these days since Ryan eats a MOUNTAIN of food) we called Aunt Cathy and Kei to see if they wanted to play today.

We went to a park near us so the boys could feed the ducks and the fish. I don't think I've ever seen a sleeve of crackers disappear so fast! And no, Ryan didn't eat them. Kei and Wesley fed them all to the animals. Kei got nipped by a goose, but he was fine. Besides, you know what they say, "No harm, no 'fowl' Sorry. That was too easy of a pun to pass up.


After the boys were a dirty, smelly mess (as a three year old and a five year old are going to be a the park) we took the troops over to the North Market for lunch. Ryan continued to amaze Aunt Cathy with the amount of food he can put away and Wesley ate almost two HUGE pieces of pizza. We topped off lunch with some Jeni's ice cream. Wesley and Kei had strawberry buttermilk, while Ryan and Cathy shared my trio of wildberry lavender, lime cardamom, and backyard mint.



From the market, we headed over to pick up our pool passes. I think Wesley was a little disappointed we didn't go for a swim today, but I like it to be in the 80's before I put on a bathing suit! Since this is a new pool for us, I was relieve to see the baby pool was large, shaded and not too deep. I think I could handle both boys there by myself - which means more pool time this summer.

We also hung out at Grandma and Grandpa H.'s to wait for the microwave repair man. Rumor has it that Grandma may be released today, but she's still battling a lot of nausea, so I'd be surprised. Just in case, Wesley left her a "welcome home" masterpiece on the door to the garage.


Now we're home for the evening, with lasagna in the oven and Dora on the tv. Not a bad way to end the staycation.



No comments: