Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me Monday

Following the lead of My Charming Kids, it's another "Not Me Monday"



I would never have adopted the official Mom stance at the pool - sitting on the side and just dipping your feet in the water. And when I did get in the water, there's no way I did the Mom Swim where you don't get your hair wet. Nope, not me.

I did not practically weep with gratitude when my amazing sister-in-law stepped in to us out of our babysitting crisis this summer. That would have been over emotional.

And there is no way I spent the afternoon worrying that said sister-in-law would change her mind after Wesley and his cousin fought all morning!

I know that I would never ever feel guilty for at least part of every day for not taking care of my mom - even if she has my step-dad home and my aunt staying with her. It would be silly for me to feel that way, right?

I couldn't have been jealous that Duane "got" to stay home with the kids on a rainy day when I had to go to work. That would have been silly - especially since I get to spend plenty of time home with them this summer.

There's no way I would have compared my youngest son to a stubborn squirrel I watching in my mom's backyard. And there's REALLY no way that I said, "I bet that little guy is giving his mommy squirrel grey hair!"

I don't secretly love it when Ryan cries as I leave him for the day. Nope. Not me.

No comments: