Approach me at your own risk. My stress level at work is sky high right now and for the last couple days I just want to cry when I think of everything I have to do. My hands are starting to sport stress bumps. What's a stress bump? Well, ever since I was in high school I develop small itchy red bumps on my hands and fingers when I am completely stressed out. Trust me, they are there now! I also get a little compulsive about scratching and end up breaking the skin on my arms and legs. OK - I know that's gross, but that's how it is. The worst part about all this is that summer reading starts next week. For Children's Librarians that's kind of the Christmas shopping season. We will be horribly busy every day and do more programs than we would normally do. Oh, my library also starts building redesign as soon as the summer reading club is over, so we're also weeding like mad to make sure the collection looks as fresh as possible and all "dead weight" is gone. Oh! And Fall program ideas are due in 2 weeks. Oh! And I haven't even begun gathering decorations for my department, which needs to be decorated in 8 days. I don't know where we are in hiring - after all those interviews I'd love to have an answer - and I could really use an extra body in the place.
Oops. Time to stop grumping. I'm developing a twitch in my eye.
1 comment:
I hear you, sister. I feel like I'm sitting at the bottom of poo mountain after an avalanche. SRC sucks and it hasn't started yet. The PMS doesn't help. Approach at your own risk is about right.
Post a Comment