all by his lonesome.
Please please please let this be the only situation in which I will ever see my baby boy behind bars! :-)
Up the stairs and down the slide! "I do it!"
We also played on the swings for a little bit. However the older kids at the playground started yelling "shut up" at each other and Wesley began to parrot them. Aunt Sus and I decided that it was definitely time to leave then. Wesley disagreed with us and howled for the "fings" all the way back to their house. Oh well, I'd rather have a crabby toddler than one who goes around saying "shut up."
Back at the house we plopped Wesely in the most comfortable chair in the house and covered
him with 'poes (pillows) to watch Dora while the adults ate. This was perfectly fine with him, and allowed us to enjoy the yumminess that Aunt Sus had prepared - chicken chili, and fajitas!Wesley still managed to be the entertainment though. He likes to stand up and point to things on the TV during Dora. He also answers the questions she asks and sings some of the songs. Too cute!
him with 'poes (pillows) to watch Dora while the adults ate. This was perfectly fine with him, and allowed us to enjoy the yumminess that Aunt Sus had prepared - chicken chili, and fajitas!Wesley still managed to be the entertainment though. He likes to stand up and point to things on the TV during Dora. He also answers the questions she asks and sings some of the songs. Too cute!We discovered something with more power than Dora though. DESSERT!!!!! Aunt Sus made some scrumptious chocolate dipped fruit and Wesley put the smack down on that! His favorites were the strawberries and bananas. We couldn't cut them up fast enough. Uncle Kirk thought this was really amusing and would laugh whenever Wesley demanded "stawberry. mana. chocolate!" We figured it was mostly fruit and let him eat his fill - so long as he kept his chocolately hands off the walls. Too bad the windows were unable to escape! Here is Wesley demonstrating his dessert eating technique - the grab and stuff!
Wesley spent the remainder of the afternoon chasing Logray (one of the cats). He kept saying "I want kiss kitty" but Logray was in no mood for affection from a toddler! She definitely got some exercise trying to stay out of Wesley's way! Wesley also had a great time leading "Unc Kirk" up and down the stairs repeatedly. I never thought I'd see my big brother so willing to be led around by toddler with a death grip on his finger, but there it was!
It was a wonderful afternoon and Wesley cried when it was time to leave. He kept saying "Unc Kirk. Aunt Sus. I stay!" When we finally did get him in the car, we got to listen to a running commentary of what he did "Read Goosy Goose. Unc Kirk. Aunt Sus. Climb stairs. Fing. Kiss Kitty. Unc Kirk. Aunt Sus," that continued until he passed out in the car seat. Happy seis de Mayo!




No comments:
Post a Comment