Don't worry, it's not Wesley's diaper - it's his teddy bear (AKA Stinky Bear.) Duane and I managed to avoid the whole pacifier thing; Wesley never would take one. We don't have to have blankie with us at every moment; it's helpful but not needed. But look out if we don't have his teddy bear!
Wesley has always been a "tag" kid. He loves to chew on the tags of animals, clothes, towel, whatever. It used to be that one tag was as good as another, but no more. Now it has to be the tag on his Stinky Bear. I couldn't find SB on Sunday when it was time to go to church. We tried subsituting a different stuffed toy, but Wesley pitched a fit! I ended up tearing apart his room to find SB so we could go.
Why do we call Wesley's favorite comfort object "Stinky Bear?" Well, Wesley sucks on the tag pretty much from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed. SB can't be in the crib because Wesley gags himself on the tag in his sleep. Frank is the bedtime buddy. Anyhow, the teddy bear ends up with drool, food, dirt, snot and who knows what else on it, leaving a nice smelly, crust around the tag. We wash bear a couple times a week, but he really needs washed a couple times a day. Trust me, SB has a very distinct odor.
Lately I've had this panic that SB will fall apart in the wash. He's in great shape still, but I'm so tempted to go buy several of them - just in case! Is that a bad thing?
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
What's That Smell?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment