Duane went to play cards with the guys tonight, leaving me and Wesley to have a night on our own. Did I embrace this for the wonderful thing it is? No. I took this as an opportunity to get some things done and I feel bad about it. I did the grocery list and menus for next week, which is no small feat when you have a toddler pulling on your hand saying "Mama. Mama. Mama." When I did get up and walk with him, he'd take me to the computer, push me towards the chair and demand "Nanoo." Toddlers don't grasp the concept of "later." I didn't feel bad about putting off his computer time, but I did feel a little guilty about doing the grocery list. Apparently he felt bad about that too because he finally quit pulling on my hand - at least long enough to bite it!
We played for awhile and then I did something else to make me feel guilty. I popped a train DVD in for him so I could stretch out on the couch and finish reading a book that is overdue (double guilt.) It was a great book, but I knew he had watched a lot of TV, and I did it anyway.
Why do I feel guilty for taking a little time for me when Wesley is awake? That can't be a completely bad thing, can it?
No comments:
Post a Comment