Monday, January 22, 2007

Grandpa Magic

I don't know what Grandpa P. did to Wesley today, but I hope he repeats it often! Grandma P. was under the weather today, so Grandpa came to our house to watch the boy. I wish Grandma felt better, but it was kind of nice to leave for work an hour later than I usually do on Mondays.

I'm not really sure what all they did to pass the time, but Wesley must have had a great time. Not five minutes after Grandpa left, Wesley was dragging Duane around by the finger and saying "Pa! Pa!" He was quite clearly looking for Grandpa. Wesley did the same thing to me after dinner. Speaking of dinner, Wesley ate the best meal he has eaten in nearly a week. Either Grandpa didn't feed him all day (sorry Dad, that's a joke) or he helped the boy work up a good appetite!

Possibly the best side effect of Wesley's day with Grandpa has been how lovey he has been this evening. Wesley has run up to me and Duane at least a dozen times and given us gigantic toddler hugs. If I tell Wesley I love him, he squeezes me in return. It's been wonderful!

I think it's time for me to sign off. Wesley is currently chasing his Daddy around the dining room table and one of them needs rescued. I'm just not sure which one.

No comments: