Saturday, July 05, 2014

Holiday Weekend Day One - Happy Fourth of July

Wow! It's been an incredible weekend here in the W. household. And we still have another day to go!  Yesterday we celebrated Independence Day by having a relaxing morning at home before heading out to Aunt Melissa's for the annual cookout. Midway through the morning Wesley turned to me and said, "You know what my favorite days are, Mom? The days when we have the windows open and Ryan and I are playing and you are baking in the kitchen. I love those days!"  And that was exactly how we spent the morning!

Our annual cookout at Aunt Melissa's was fantastic, as always. Every time I spend the day with Duane's family, I am reminded again how blessed I am to call them my family too.

Melissa, Mark and Kierstin made these adorable (and yummy) pretzel flags

Speaking of adorable, check out Judy's candy creation


The boys with their Grandma W.


I told Ryan he couldn't get into the pool until he ate something. This was him biding his time.

Can't keep Wesley out of the water

LOVE this picture - right about this time, Ryan was getting cold and Wesley was egging him on to get in the water. Ryan said, "My body says "no," but my head says "yes" before jumping in.


Wesley is all about style

Even the fireflies showed up early



This little  bugger hung out with me for a good long time

Selfie with my number one guy

My wonderful mother in law, and gorgeous sisters in law

My nephew, Mark, made these awesome flag bracelets.
We had a short rest time at home in the evening before Kirk and Susan joined us to head down to the fireworks. We hadn't been to fireworks in a couple of years and the kids were really looking forward to it. It ended up being a really wonderful night. 

Down at my old high school, waiting for the fireworks to start.

Ryan brought reading material



Susan and Kirk!

Cannot tell you how much I love this picture!

Random pictures with glow necklaces


"Mom, are these the same fireworks we watched on tv last night?" asked Ryan.
 After the fireworks, we did some sparklers in the driveway








Ryan was a little freaked out by the fireworks one of the neighbors was setting off.

Pure happiness

No comments: