Wesley has FINALLY gotten into the Star Wars movies. I cannot tell you how long I have waited for this moment. I have been trying to force Star Wars (no pun intended) on my kids since Wesley was about three and I just haven't had much luck. The thing that has made the difference is Star Wars Angry Birds - go figure.
I am doing my parental duty and making sure Wesley watching the original trilogy first - which is the only correct way to do it. And yes, Han shot first.
I will say that watching the movies with Wesley is a totally difference kind of experience. When the movies came out, we had no idea of the overarching plot lines. The revelation that Dark Vader is Anakin was completely shocking back in the day, but Wesley knows enough of the basics that that little bit of information is no surprise. So instead of fully experiencing the movies, Wesley spends a lot of time asking if such and such a character is in the movie we're watching and when certain events happen. Honestly, it's kind of annoying. Part of me just wants him to be quiet and watch the darn movie.
We finished watching "The Empire Strikes Back" tonight and were talking about when we would start "Return of the Jedi." I was trying to have a conversation with Wesley discussing the foreshadowing and importance of Luke losing his hand and having a robotic one as a replacement.
"Mom," Ryan called from across the room where he was playing with Legos. "You know way too much about Star Wars."
Uncle Kirk has taught me well.
No comments:
Post a Comment