Sunday, March 16, 2014

Back From Indy

Well, I returned home from the Public Library Association conference last night. I have not been to a PLA conference since Wesley was still in diapers and not yet talking.  Book Expo has been my conference of choice in my time since becoming a Materials Selector, but let me tell you, I left this conference feeling so energized and excited about my job and the things outside my position that the library could do. It was an amazing few days.





 I missed my boys and I know they really missed me too, but we face-timed on the iPhones every night and that seemed to help. Ryan even woke up and Grandma's one morning and told her that he wanted to see my face (face-time) so I think it was good for them too.

Wesley was very concerned about me going away and made me some flash cards so I wouldn't forget our family while I was gone.



There was also a lot of concern as to whether or not the person who drove knew how to get us home, but I'm happy to report that we returned safe and sound!



No comments: