Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What Daddy Does

Yesterday evening we took my van out to our brother-in-law's place to have something fixed. I was following Duane in a second car, so we'd have something to drive home.

Now while I try very hard to set a good example for the boys when I'm driving (not texting or blasting music or the like), I'm not always the most patient driver. The boys and I ended up behind a rather pokey driver and my impatience came out. "Come on, person! DRIVE!" I semi-yelled.

"That's not what Daddy says when he drives," Ryan said.

"It's not?" I asked.

"Nope!" Wesley said. "He says bad words."

I know full well that Duane is not one to say bad words in front of the boys, that honor is usually reserved for me, so I asked, "What does Daddy say?"

"I can't say because they're bad words," Wesley told me.

"I am giving you permission to say them just this once. What does he say?" I prompted.

"He says 'stupid driver'" Wesley finally confessed.

"And 'jerk!'" Ryan piped up.

Oh my. Such filthy language (she said sarcastically) They should hear what I say when I'm in the car by myself. On second thought. It's probably better if they don't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least you have that filter...I never have and Aaron knows what words are bad, and he has only used them three times that I can recall - two when he was too young to know and one yesterday. Kids are fun!