Friday, June 14, 2013

Pretty Wicked Kind of Day

Yesterday was a day of high and lows. I don't know if I was just in a mood or the kids really were that obnoxious, but most of the day felt like a battle. Despite the fact that we did some fun stuff together, it didn't feel like fun at the time.

Not so fun was taking my van in for service yesterday morning. Oh, actually taking it there was fine. The kids behaved and played with a couple of dogs another customer had with him. The man even complimented me on my kind and well behaved children. The bad part was discovering that they wanted $1,100 dollars to fix my car! NOT HAPPENING! My brother-in-law is a mechanic in another part of town and we'll get the car to him somehow.

The boys and I did a little Father's Day shopping, which went pretty well until Ryan started begging for toys I told him we weren't getting. Then I had to be mean mommy. Oh, and for some reason Wesley felt the urge to randomly drop to the floor in the store and do his version of push ups. Not weird at all.

We spent the later part of the morning at Skyzone, which is an indoor trampoline park. The boys had a fabulous time and got to bounce off some of their energy. Sorry for the blurry pictures, but it's hard to capture bouncing boys on an iPhone camera.






 A couple of short videos too!





We spent the rest of the afternoon at home (with the kids driving me nuts). I have started enforced reading time this week. The boys don't mind it at all and it gives me a break.




The day became wonderfully, wickedly awesome when Duane came home. He and I had a date night to got out to dinner and see the show "Wicked."

We clean up alright

Goofballs on the town!

We ate at Milestone 229, which is near our old neighborhood. The food was wonderful and the views of the city were so pretty.  I love our city and really wouldn't want to live anyplace else.


The show was fantastic! It's been so long since I've been to show where I didn't already know all the songs and I really enjoyed it. Great singing, beautiful costumes and some laughs made for a perfect night out. Well, that and the wonderful, thoughtful and handsome man at my side.

My dad watched the boys for us while we hit the town (Thank you, Dad!). And this is what we found when we got home.

So the boys slept on the couch for a good part of the night and we fell asleep with the land of Oz in our brains.

No comments: