Yesterday morning in the car I heard Wesley say, "No Ryan! Don't drink that!"
I looked in the rear view mirror in time to see Ryan take a big drink out of a travel cup that had been in the back seat. A travel cup that I had no idea was in my car, but that I had a vague recollection contained milk at some point. A travel cup that has been sitting in my car in the summer sun for who knows how long.
Ryan turned a quite fetching shade of green, but somehow managed not to vomit all over my car.
By this point my own stomach was turning at the very thought of what Ryan had just taken a sip of. The only thing I had in my car that would possibly erase some of the taste was iced coffee with vanilla syrup and cream. So I handed it back and instructed Ryan to take a big sip of it.
Yes, I told my four-year-old to take a big sip of coffee.
But it worked! He said he felt better, but wanted to know if we could throw the cup away when we got to Grandma's.
You betcha kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment