Sunday, August 19, 2012

Disney Trip Recap - Magic Kingdom Day Two

On Thursday it was just the W. family at the Magic Kingdom since Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Kirk and Aunt Susan all headed off to either home or to other parts of Florida. However, we did not slow down one bit!

We started the day by taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom, then catching the monorail over to the Contemporary Resort for our last character breakfast.






Then we headed back to the Magic Kingdom for a whirlwind day. We started off by getting FastPasses for Splash Mountain, then rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Ryan adored it! Wesley hated it! No surprises there. When Wesley saw Splash Mountain he flat our refused to ride it, but that was okay, since we knew Ryan would want to ride it twice.  Duane and Ryan got in the FastPass line and Wesley and I staked out a place to watch for them.



We waited for probably ten minutes before and realized that the logs were going by with no one in them. Apparently there was some sort of "boarding problem" so we had to skip Splash Mountain for the time being. Ryan was pretty upset about it but we promised him he'd get the chance to ride it later in the day.

We made our way through a bunch of rides including the Haunted Mansion (which neither child liked), Winnie the Pooh, the Mad Hatter's Tea Party (a favorite of both boys), and the Great Goofini (which again, Ryan loved and Wesley hated).


Ryan raiding Pooh's honey pot


Ready to ride the tea cups

Spinning round and round

The faster the better

Especially if it was fast enough to make Mommy and Daddy feel sick




After all that fun, Wesley decided it was time to gather a few more princess autographs and pictures. So I waited for an hour in the blazing sun to get Merida's autograph and picture. But hey, it made my oldest son happy!


While we were in line to see Merida, we learned that Rapunzel was on Main Street, so on our way out of the park for our afternoon swim, we swung by to see her.


Belle was there as well and even though Wesley had already seen her, he decided to see her again. I asked Wesley to hand me his autograph book since he had already gotten Belle's autograph at lunch the day before. "I thought that was you!" Belle told Wesley. "It is so good to see you again!"


We returned to the Magic Kingdom in the evening to drive the cars on the Tomorrowland Speedway. I rode with Ryan and he is one crazy driver!  I controlled the pedal and let him steer, but he kept trying to take my foot off the pedal! 

Ryan wanted to ride the Astro Orbiter, but that was too high for me and Wesley, so he and I rode the Buzz Lightyear ride again while Ryan and Duane soared above Tomorrowland. We even had time to grab an autograph and picture with Buzz Lightyear.


We had one more character meal to enjoy - dinner with Winnie the Pooh and Friends at the Crystal Palace.  Eeyore actually got Ryan to smile at him, so that was a pretty big deal.






After dinner we headed back over to Splash Mountain. Like I said, I was determined to get Ryan on that ride!

My children in the stroller when they think no one is looking

The same children when they know the camera is on them
You'll be happy to know that Splash Mountain was totally worth the wait for Ryan. Just as we thought, Ryan got off the ride with Duane and immediately wanted to get back on it, so I took him. We were in a log with a group of people who had been on the ride when it stopped earlier in the day and they were totally psyched to be on the ride this time. They were clapping and singing and having a great time which made it extra fun for me and Ryan.

Ryan right after the big drop on Splash Mountain.  Now that's a happy kid!
We took one last trip on the Jungle Cruise ride before heading back for bed. Yet another great vacation day!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I LOVED reading all the posts about your vacation and I'm sure it'll be helpful when we go eventually. It looks like you had such an amzing time! Glad you all had fun and welcome back!