The obsession started when Ryan picked out his big boy underpants and chose "The Super Hero Squad." It has grown as I brought home books from the library and Duane started recording the show on TV.
Like any fan, Ryan has a favorite member of the squad. His favorite is "Thing." Ryan wants to wear his "Thing" underpants everyday and looks for "Thing" in each book and show. Ryan seems to like Thing's smile and the fact that he is made of rocks. The problem is that "Thing" is a minor character in the Super Hero Squad and does not make a bunch of appearances. And have you ever tried to find a "Thing" child size t-shirt? It's pretty rough. And of course, since he is a minor character, he isn't on very many of the toys. So Ryan has picked a second favorite - the Hulk. Of course, when Ryan says "Hulk" it sounds a lot like "Hawk", which probably ticks off "Hawkman" since doesn't even appear on Ryan's super hero radar.
This morning Ryan, Wesley and Daddy were sitting on the couch watching the Super Hero Squad. In this particular episode, Hulk was holding a golden fractal (don't ask) and it caused him to turn into a baby. Ryan exclaimed, "I like Hulk because he 'nacked 'em with his golden 'nana and turned into a baby!" Translation: I like Hulk because he smacked them with his golden banana and turned into a baby!"
A couple of minutes later it was time for the heroes to "hero up" and Hulk flexed his muscles in a typical bodybuilder pose. When he did that, the building behind him exploded. "Wow!" said Ryan. "He tooted and building 'sploded!" Translation: He passed gas and the building exploded.
Guess we all have our special super powers. I just didn't realize flatulence could be considered one. I suppose now I know why Ryan likes Hulk.


No comments:
Post a Comment