My kids watch a lot of TV. I know they watch a lot of TV. And Ryan watches stuff we didn't let Wesley until he was much older.
My kids don't attend story time at (any) library. I have pretty much been guilty about that since the day Wesley was born. This is a little known secret among librarians, but librarians kids rarely attend story time. Why? Because their mommies or daddies are the ones doing the story times and are at work when story times are offered.
I don't read to the boys as much as I should. Duane does the bedtime routine and the bedtime books. And I don't like to "read" I Spy books to Wesley because they don't give me a chance to sell the story by being goofy. Plus some of those suckers are really hard.
My kids drink juice. When Wesley was a baby we gave him very little juice and the juice we did give him was heavily watered down. Now they both get straight juice a couple times a day. So their teeth will rot and fall out. We do try to give them V8 Fusion as much as possible.
They also drink chocolate milk. Wesley is allowed to have 2 a day, then he has to switch to white milk, water or juice. And he does choose water and white milk sometimes. I hope Ryan will do the same.
My kids eat a lot of junk. I do try to limit it and Ryan eats a wider variety of healthy food than Wesley, but they still eat junk. They both have a sweet tooth, LOVE chips (although we try to buy baked) and could eat their weight in cheez-its. I didn't make my own baby food when they were really little and although they both got breast milk, it was from a bottle.
I let Wesley go to bed with me at least 2-3 times a week. I know it won't last and I want to take advantage of the snuggle time for as long as possible. Besides, Ryan isn't much a snuggler.
I don't do the whole bedtime routine with the boys. Duane puts them to bed and I let him because I am guaranteed some "me time" while they are upstairs.
Does it count as Mommy Guilt if you don't feel all that guilty about it most of the time?
No comments:
Post a Comment