Anyone who knows me fairly well knows that I adore musicals and that I have a special place in my heart for old movie musicals. Give me a rainy day, a bowl of popcorn and a Judy Garland or Gene Kelly movie marathon and I'm a very happy woman.
Singin' in the Rain (one of my top three movies of all time) was on TV Sunday night. I didn't figure either of the boys would be all that interested in it, but Wesley really surprised me. He LOVED the song "Make Em' Laugh" and asked me to rewind it so he could watch it three times! Even Ryan laughed out loud as we watched it.
Wesley also asked me to rewind the song "Beautiful Girl" a couple of times too. My favorite moment was when he said, "Wow Mom, look at all those girls. They sure are beautiful!"
Last night Wesley did his own song and dance routine. It took me a minute to figure out that he was trying to mimic Donald O'Connor in the "Make Em' Laugh" routine. Wesley was even trying to sing as much as he could remember of the song! I loved it!
I'm actually toying with the idea of taking him to see "Cats" in November. What do you think?
2 comments:
You know, Mary Poppins is coming to Columbus next spring- you should DEFINITELY take him to see that one. I loved it! Get 'em hooked on theater while they're young!
Check out to see what CAHS is performing I remember going to see there productions when I was in school. Cheaper and if you have to leave is isn't as hard on your pocketbook. I remember seeing brigadoon that one was cool.
Post a Comment