Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas

There's no denying that Christmas is coming up fast this year. We spent yesterday putting the Christmas decorations up. Wesley helped me decorate the tree (as much as a three year old can) and we dancing around the room singing carols.

I've also stocked up on some other Christmas odds and ends: a gingerbread house for Wesley and I to decorate some evening, hot chocolate, an advent calender, the ingredients for my fruitcake (which is actually edible). I've purchased cards that I hope to get around to sending. I've put Christmas trees in each of the bedrooms and I think I have a clue what gifts I still need to buy. Whew! Of course I do still have a list of Christmas activities I hope to get around to, but I don't want to stress myself out this year. We'll do what we can and enjoy each moment of it.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Did you say fruitcake? I saw fruitcake and I started drooling all over the computer. I need to get that recipe from you so I can show my family that there is such a thing as edible fruitcake.

Heather said...

Don't worry Kate, I plan on hooking you up with a couple.