Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night

...or at least I will be and I am wearing them to type on the computer. Who knew that potty training could lead to a scratched cornea? Confused? Let me enlighten you. Just before 9:00 this morning, I was in the bathroom with Wesley. He was sitting on the potty (5 hours dry yesterday!) and I was sitting on the floor in front of him. Somehow he managed to kick me straight in my open right eye. At 11:30, I called Grandma H. and asked her to come down instead of us going to her house because my eye still hurt a lot and was still watering. At 12:30 I broke down and made an appointment with an eye doctor.

Here it is, almost 4:00 and the diagnosis is that I have a surface scratch on my cornea. That means prescription eye drops, ibuprofen, and cold compresses on my eye for the rest of today and part of tomorrow. Oh! And I'll be light sensitive which should be a lot of fun tonight. Grandma and I are going to a girly movie (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2) and I have a feeling I may have to don the sunglasses in the theater to be comfortable. Oh well, it could be worse. At least we cut Wesley's toe nails last night!

No comments: