I'm sure most of you already know this news, but I feel like I can actually post about it now. I am switching jobs again! It's kind of funny, after having essentially the same job for almost nine years, I'm about to start my second job in three months! I've enjoyed being the Technical Services Manager at my library, but when my dream job opened up I had to apply for it. Starting May 1st I will be the Youth Services Materials Selector for my library system (my desk is moving all of 15 feet). Basically, I'll be ordering everything for the children's and teen departments at all three buildings. I'm so excited!!!!! I know that this is truly the job for me - I've wanted it since it was created a little over 2 years ago!
I was starting to stress out about having to do both jobs until we got someone hired and trained as TS Manager. Turns out that one of the amazing people that already works in Tech. Services is going to be my replacement! Yes, there will still be a training period, but she already knows so much about the department and it's work flow that I know she'll get the rest in a snap! She's going to be great in the position (probably better than I'd ever be).
It's so great to work for an organization that really wants it's employees to succeed AND be happy! I know that I'm going to love my new job!
2 comments:
Congrats Heather!!! We need to get together soon!!!!!!
Try moving cross country a couple times for jobs. :-) You should come out here sometime, Washington is gorgeous.
Post a Comment