Sunday, April 06, 2008

FINALLY - Spring!

Today was the kind of gorgeous spring day I have been craving for weeks! I broke out some of the new maternity clothes (cute denim capris and a ruffled black tee shirt) and my sunglasses to enjoy the day.

After church, Wesley and I made molasses cookies for my department. They have been working last mad women to get materials for the new library ready for next week, so I figured the least I could do was make some cookies. Wesley was a big help and placed the balls of dough on the cookie sheet. He seemed to have a great time helping, but I suspect that has something to do with the fact that I told him he couldn't have any cookies if he didn't help me make them.

Once cookies were done, we went to the park with Grandma H. I learned something about Wesley at the park. I learned he's a big ol' chicken! Oops! I mean I learned that he is a cautious child who does not like to try something new. He refused to try the twisty slide or the tunnel slide. After a whole bunch of coaxing, Wesley finally agreed to go down the twisty slide on Mommy's lap (not a pretty sight considering the lap is shrinking every day). After we did that a few times, I got him to go down the slide sitting between my legs. Then we moved up to him going down the slide in front of me. We did finally make it him going down the slide on his own - but he steadfastly refused the tunnel slide. Maybe next time.
Up the stairs........
...and down the slide!

A few minutes on the swing will cure what ails you!

Wesley and Grandma feeding the ducks.

And lest I forget to mention the hard working Daddy, Duane spent a great deal of the weekend stripping wallpaper in Wesley's new bedroom. It sounds like he'll be ready to spackle tomorrow. This man knows how to get things done!

No comments: