Wesley has yet another cold!!! I swear, I cannot keep this kid healthy lately. Last night was a nightmare. I thought he was going to go great in his new bed. He snuggled down under the blankets and with his head on the pillow like a pro, but he was whining and needed attention at 11:30, 2:30, 4:00 and we got up for the day at 4:30. UGH!!!!!
Even worse than the lack of sleep was how pathetic Wesley acted as Duane and I got ready for work this morning. Duane got Wesley dressed as I primped. When Duane put his coat on to leave, Wesley dissolved into tears and said "No Daddy work!" but Daddy had to work, which left Mommy with a teary, boogery toddler to pack up. As I was packing the diaper bag to take to Grandpa P., Wesley went into the laundry room and dug a pair of pajamas out of the laundry basket. "Want jammies," he cried, as he wiped his nose on my cardigan. The worst though was when he sat on the floor, crying and stammered "Tough baby!" See, whenever Wesley is upset or hurt or sick, I told him and tell him "I know, it's tough to be the baby." Little did I know it was really sinking in!
I left work at lunch took the afternoon as sick leave to be home with the boy. The doctor doesn't want to see him unless the lump on his neck (swollen gland) gets red or hot to the touch or if he spikes a fever. Wesley wouldn't let go of me - even though he said "Want Daddy" several times. We snuggled and slept on the couch all afternoon. Poor little boy. I hate this!! Anyone figure out a cure for the common cold yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment