Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hungy Catpurr

Wesley received lots of new books from the Easter Bunny, but he has an obvious favorite - The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Wesley calls it "Hungy Catpurr" and he loves to read it! Actually, what he loves it for me to put his new caterpillar puppet on my hand and pretend to eat the food in the book. I have to be sure the caterpillar makes a satisfied "ahhhh" after each item though, or else Wesley will give me a look to let me know I'm not playing the game correctly. His favorite part of the book/game is to turn to the page that shows all the different food the caterpillar ate on Saturday. I usually say "How about a pickle?" and have the puppet eat the pickle picture. Wesley will reply "H'bout cheese?" so I'll have the caterpillar eat the cheese. Then I say "How about chocolate cake?" to which Wesley replies "H'bout cheese?" In Wesley's world the caterpillar's favorite food is cheese and he believes it should be eaten at every available opportunity. Sounds like a hungry Wesley-pillar to me!

No comments: