In case you can't tell by the title of today's post, it contains potty humor and talk of bodily functions. Consider yourself warned!!
Poor Wesley was a little constipated yesterday. Unfortunately it became apparent while we were out to lunch with Grandma H. Wesley was sitting in his high chair and began grunting with his face turning bright red. I figured I'd just have a yucky diaper to change and it was not big deal, but then he started crying and saying "Poop! Poop!" over and over. I whisked him off to the bathroom to change him, but there was nothing in the diaper. Poor little guy. I dried his tears and we went back to the table to finish lunch.
Foolish Mommy assumed that our little episode was over then. Not even close! Since it was bright and sunny out, we decided to leave from the rear door of the restaurant and walk along the sidewalk in the sun. Of course, the wall we were walking along was entirely made of glass and was packed with people enjoying their lunch. I don't think we had taken more than 10 steps when Wesley turns bright red again and starts howling "Pooooooop! Poooooooooop!" right in front of two tables of ladies who were trying to eat! It was so embarrassing, but really funny too. Thank goodness the ladies found it humorous as well.
After we finished our errands I left Wesley at Grandma and Grandpa H.'s so Duane and I could go to a party. Grandma assured me that she'd give Wesley a snack of prunes to help him feel better. Sure enough, a few hours later Wesley told Grandma "Sit potty," so off they went to the bathroom and Wesley's potty. Too late! The prunes had already worked their magic and Wesley was covered with poop! Grandma and Grandpa cleaned him up, and put new pants on him. Before they could diaper him though,Wesley said he wanted to sit on the potty, so Grandma started walking him to the bathroom. Too late - they had a Wesley sprinkler in the kitchen! Isn't potty training great!?
No comments:
Post a Comment