I was going to post a lament about working all weekend and barely seeing my boys (the big and little one) the past couple of days. But......
After work I went to the hospital to visit my dad (he's doing much better) and then to a friend/co-worker's house to work on a project. I got home a little after 9:00 and waltzed in to give Duane a kiss. When I leaned over, I noticed a patch of blood on his shirt. Now I am not ususally a queasy person, but my stomach and heart did a little flip. "Oh, it's not mine," Duane said. OK. That did not make me feel better. I am a little ashamed to admit that I immediately started looking around for the cats, almost hoping the blood came from one of them.
Nope! Turns out Wesley managed to split his lip while I was at work. Duane was helping Grandma and Grandpa H. move some furniture. Wesley was running around like he always does. I guess he just fell the wrong way. Duane said he looked like a bad vampire with blood coming from with mouth. Wesley cried for about 5 minutes, then started drinking a sippy of milk, so it didn't bother him too badly.
I dread seeing him in the morning. I'm so afraid his lip is going to be all puffy and that I'm going to cry. I wish I had been there. Not that I think my presence would have changed anything - after all, he did have 3 grown ups with him. I just wish I could have held him and cuddled him when he was hurt. I guess this turned into a working mom lament after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment