Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Long Day Ahead

Right now I would kiss someones toes for a double tall sugar-free vanilla nonfat latte. Instead I am sipping a cup a decaffeinated Irish Breakfast tea and trying to convince my body that it is just as good as the previously mentioned Starbucks indulgence.

Wesley woke up at 5:00 screaming! We changed his diaper, gave him some milk, cuddled him and nothing helped. He had tears streaming down his face and would stiffen and throw himself from our arms onto the bed. I tried getting Sanders for him to cuddle, I sang to him, we got him a teddy bear and he just continued to howl. At 6:00 we finally came downstairs and he kept crying for another 15 minutes. He's now asleep on the couch, but I'll have to wake him up in about 25 minutes to get ready to go.

This is one of those mornings when I really really wish he could talk. I know something was wrong, but we sure couldn't figure it out. All I can do at this point is assume his teeth were bothering him, or he still isn't over his ear infection. Poor little guy.

If any of my co-workers are reading this today, please wake me up if you hear snoring coming from my desk. I'd greatly appreciate it.

No comments: