Tuesday, October 10, 2006

He Speaks!


Yesterday Grandma and Grandpa P. told me that Wesley said two new words. Apparently he said "Duck" and pointed to a stuffed duck on Grandpa's computers. Later when Grandma asked if he'd like to go outside, he ran to the door and said "outside."

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about this. So far Wesley's words have consisted of "es" for yes, "ish" for fish, Mom, Daddy and something that vaguely resembles shoes. I really thought Grandma and Grandpa P. were just having a "very proud grandparent" moment and were hearing what they wanted to hear. I am now a believer!

This morning I dropped Wesley off at Grandma H.'s. When it was time for me to leave I told Wesley I had to go to work. Grandma said "Let's go outside and say bye-bye to Mommy." Wesley headed for the door and said "ou-sigh," which any grandparent or new parent will tell you translates to "outside." Go Wesley!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Remember a while ago how we promised we wouldn't worry about our children's development? I'm trying really hard not to worry about Colin being a little slow when I see how much Wesley and Isaac are already doing. I won't say any more. They all speak in sentences by three, right?